LA Kings at Winnipeg Jets projected lineups, odds, notes
The LA Kings complete their five-game road trip on Tuesday evening in Winnipeg against the Jets, who have lost three in a row.
LA Kings (33-20-8)
Per LA Kings Insider Zach Dooley, here is how the Kings skated at practice on Monday:
Byfield – Kopitar – Kempe
Fiala – Danault – Arvidsson
Iafallo – Lizotte – Vilardi
Anderson-Dolan – Kupari – Kaliyev
Anderson – Doughty
Durzi – Roy
Edler – Walker
Winnipeg Jets (35-24-1)
Here’s how the Jets skated at Practice on Monday:
— Scott Billeck (@ScottBilleck) February 27, 2023
Here’s how the two teams match up at 5-on-5 per Natural Stat Trick
|Los Angeles Kings||51.7||52.1||52.3||53.0||8.1||0.900||0.981|
The Kings started the road trip by being stonewalled in Minnesota by Filip Gustavsson and also had the privilege of seeing Ilya Sorokin and Igor Shesterkin. It doesn’t get any easier in Manitoba on Tuesday when they get Connor Hellebuyck.
|Los Angeles Kings||25.6||75.4|
After going three straight games without a power play goal, Viktor Arvidsson tallied one with the man advantage against the Rangers on Sunday. The Kings sit with the third-best power play in the league.
Let’s look at the odds, courtesy of Betstamp.
*Note: the odds below are for sports books offered in New York. Refer to available sports books specific to your state.
**Odds as of 11 am ET/8 am PT may have changed since this was published.
The LA Kings are underdogs tonight, with WynnBet offering the best price at +120. The hosts are available at -135 at a couple of shops. While the two teams are fairly evenly matched, given the significant discrepancy in goal and the travel for the Kings, I think the game is fairly priced.
The total on the game is six across the board, with BetRivers’ -102 the best price on the Over. Multiple books have the Under at -115.
News & Notes
- Per LA Kings Insider Zach Dooley, both Trevor Moore and Carl Grundstrom skated and rotated in with some of the bottom-six forward group, but there wasn’t an indication one way or the other that they will be in for Tuesday.
- While we won’t know for sure until later today, I am expecting Pheonix Copley to get the start for LA.
- Recently acquired winger Nino Niederreiter is expected to make his Winnipeg Jets debut alongside Nikolaj Ehlers and Pierre-Luc Dubois.
- The Jets have dropped three games in a row and failed to score more than one goal in each of them. They were most recently shut out by the Islanders.
- Here’s a check-in on a few Kings forwards who have made recent returns from injury:
- Arthur Kaliyev: two goals, two assists, and a 47.6% CF% in his seven games back
- Trevor Moore: one assist and a 53.1% CF% in five games
- Gabriel Vilardi: one goal and 57.3% CF% in his six games back
- As is often the case, the neutral zone will play a key role in this one. The Winnipeg Jets are not a team that has had much success with controlled zone entries this season, and that won’t get any easier for them against one the best teams in the NHL at defending their own blue line (per All Three Zones).
(Main Photo Credit: NHL.com)