Yesterday afternoon, the Ontario Reign released a statement saying that head coach John Wroblewski would be taking a personal leave of absence for an undetermined period.
A statement from the Ontario Reign:https://t.co/98fMqt0ClR
— Ontario Reign (@ontarioreign) December 8, 2021
We’re hoping for the best for John and hope he takes all the time he needs.
- Jaret Anderson-Dolan got called up just one day after being re-assigned to the Reign. He is expected to play tonight with Carl Grundstrom and Trevor Moore on his line. He has five goals and 13 points through 16 games played in the American Hockey League.
A few tidbits to pass along…
— Expecting JAD to play tomorrow, with Grundstrom and Moore at wing
— Lizotte will likely remain out until the start of the next road trip; can rejoin the team after ~10 days of protocol, will then need to ramp back up for pace of play
— The Mayor (@mayorNHL) December 9, 2021
- Also, expect to see Snoop Dogg on the air tonight, as the Los Angeles Kings teased on their Twitter last night.
Tomorrow. 👀 pic.twitter.com/GHMQ70fAwm
— LA Kings (@LAKings) December 8, 2021
- Last night it was reported by Katie Strang at The Athletic that the Arizona Coyotes may be on the verge of being locked out of Gila River Arena by the city of Glendale for unpaid arena charges and delinquent tax bills, and that if the bills and outstanding invoices are not paid by December 20th at 5 p.m. MST, ASM is instructed to deny access to the arena to employees.
NEWS: Coyotes may be locked out of Gila River Arena by City of Glendale for unpaid arena charges and delinquent tax bills https://t.co/4e4r3ejdgn
— Katie Strang (@KatieJStrang) December 9, 2021
The Coyotes responded by saying it was “human error,” and they were sorry and would pay what was owed today.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins continue to deal with injury troubles this season, as their leading goal and point scorer Jake Guentzel is now listed as week-to-week due to an upper-body injury. He currently has 15 goals and 27 points through 24 games played on the season.
- On another note, the NHLPA has filed an appeal on behalf of Toronto Maple Leafs forward Jason Spezza regarding the league’s decision to suspend him for six games for kneeing Jets’ defenseman Neal Pionk in the head.
This evening, the NHLPA filed an appeal on behalf of Jason Spezza regarding the NHL’s decision to suspend him for 6 games.
— NHLPA (@NHLPA) December 9, 2021
- The Minnesota Wild are traveling to Northern California to take on the San Jose Sharks. They look to string together eight consecutive wins for the third time in franchise history, most recently in 2016-17, per the NHL public relations.
- Also, from the NHL PR, the Colorado Avalanche have become the fourth team in the last 30 years to record multiple back-to-back seven-goal games in a single season.
- On Wednesday, the Philadelphia Flyers are currently riding a 10-game winless streak after a 2-0 loss to the New Jersey Devils. They’re currently sitting 25th in the NHL after having high expectations league-wide going into this season.
- The New York Islanders are expected to place forward Anatolii Golyshev on unconditional waivers for contract termination. The winger was highly touted in Russia for many years but hasn’t gotten the opportunity in the NHL to sway him into staying in North America.
Hearing Anatolii Golyshev will be on unconditional waivers in the next few days. Likely headed back to the KHL. #Isles opted not to use him during their COVID woes, not much incentive to stick around.
— Arthur Staple (@StapeAthletic) December 8, 2021