In advance of tonight’s Ontario Reign game, the LA Kings have sent forward Jaret Anderson-Dolan back down to the AHL. My thinking here is the Kings are trying to get him some game action with the potential to be called back up before the team’s game against the Dallas Stars on Thursday.
— LA Kings PR (@LAKingsPR) December 7, 2021
If you recall, JAD and T.J. Tynan were recalled from Ontario together, but the latter has played the last two games in place of Blake Lizotte. Also, JAD gives Ontario another forward with Alex Turcotte out due to injury.
UPDATE: Game tonight has been postponed.
Due to league COVID-19 protocols affecting the Condors, tonight's game in Bakersfield has been postponed.
A make-up date for the game has yet to be determined.
— Ontario Reign (@ontarioreign) December 7, 2021
- Alex Edler made his return to Vancouver on Monday night after spending the first 15 years of his career there:
“It was great,” the LA Kings’ defenseman said of the warm welcome back. “This is a great building to play in, a great city to play in, the fans are great. That was a special moment for me, and I’m forever thankful for what this city has done for me.”
- Speaking of the Stars, they have been red-hot lately. They will face the Golden Knights on Wednesday before seeing the Kings on Thursday.
— Sportsnet Stats (@SNstats) December 7, 2021
- Vancouver was not the only team to make a coaching change. The Flyers fired Alain Vigneault on Monday. The change in bench bosses did wonders for the Canucks, who shut out the LA Kings 4-0 on Monday. The Flyers looked more of the same, allowing seven goals in back-to-back games. Their opponent, the Colorado Avalanche, is heating up, going 7-2-1 over their last 10 games.
- Straight from NHL Public Relations – Erik Johnson (1-1—2) and Cale Makar (1-0—1) were two of seven different Avalanche players to find the back of the net and Justus Annunen (27 saves) earned a win in his first career start as Colorado scored seven or more goals for the fourth time this season.
- Also this: The Avalanche (22 GP) became just the fourth team since 2000-01 to post at least four outings with seven-plus goals before their 25th game, joining the Sabres (5 in 2006-07), Penguins (4 in 2019-20) and Thrashers (4 in 2005-06).
- Some suspensions appear to be in order after Monday’s events in the Winnipeg/Toronto game:
— Tim and Friends (@timandfriends) December 6, 2021
- Tampa Bay has claimed Riley Nash, who was placed on waivers on Monday:
Tampa claims Riley Nash off waivers from Winnipeg.
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) December 7, 2021