The LA Kings will look to avenge their 3-2 loss to the Winnipeg Jets at the end of October while completing a perfect roadtrip.
Heading into the road trip finale north of the border, most would have probably been happy had the LA Kings taken four of the possible eight points. Now riding a seven-game win streak, the Kings are looking to take all eight points. However, the Jets could be the toughest opponent on this trip. Speaking of winning streaks, the Kings are just two wins shy of tying the franchise record.
|Rk||Team||Streak||Streak Started||Streak Ended||Active|
|1||Los Angeles Kings||9||Jan 21, 2010||Feb 6, 2010|
|2||Los Angeles Kings||8||Nov 25, 2017||Dec 9, 2017|
|3||Los Angeles Kings||8||Feb 7, 2015||Feb 24, 2015|
|4||Los Angeles Kings||8||Feb 6, 2014||Mar 10, 2014|
|5||Los Angeles Kings||8||Feb 23, 1992||Mar 9, 1992|
|6||Los Angeles Kings||8||Oct 21, 1972||Nov 7, 1972|
|7||Los Angeles Kings||7||Oct 30, 2021||Nov 11, 2021||*|
|8||Los Angeles Kings||7||Feb 26, 2020||Mar 11, 2020|
|9||Los Angeles Kings||7||Oct 16, 2015||Oct 31, 2015|
|10||Los Angeles Kings||7||Feb 18, 1991||Mar 2, 1991|
|11||Los Angeles Kings||7||Jan 3, 1991||Jan 14, 1991|
|12||Los Angeles Kings||7||Nov 9, 1984||Nov 21, 1984|
- Adrian Kempe‘s four-game goal streak came to an end on Thursday, but he earned an assist, extending his point streak to a career-best six games.
- Andreas Athanasiou has plugged back into the lineup nicely. Since returning, the 27-year-old has two goals and three assists in four games.
- With Jonathan Quick going on Thursday, probably a safe bet to pencil in Cal Petersen in the road trip finale. He’s faced the Jets just once in his career, allowing five goals on 34 shots faced.
- Kyle Connor has been red-hot, scoring 10 goals in his last 13 games.
Keeping up his red hot start to 2021-22 by scoring the opening marker for his team in their 4-1 win over the visiting Sharks Thursday night, Kyle Connor has moved past a former teammate and into sole possession of 6th all-time on this @NHLJets franchise list of scoring standouts pic.twitter.com/KpOr6gPhaV
— StatsCentre (@StatsCentre) November 12, 2021
- The Kings avoided Blake Wheeler last go-round, but it looks like they will see him on Saturday.
"I like our team, I like our structure, I think we've shown our ability to be pretty powerful."
Blake Wheeler on the number of scoring chances his line is generating, preferring doing media in-person, and more!
WATCH 🔽 https://t.co/hc0fJpiZtZ
— Winnipeg Jets (@NHLJets) November 12, 2021
Puck Drop and Broadcast Info
- Saturday, November 13 at 4:00 pm PT
- TV: NHL Network, SN360, CITY, SNW, Bally Sports West
Tale of the Tape
LAK: 18.9% (17th)
WPG: 24.3% (9th)
LAK: 73.7% (27th)
WPG: 63.9% (30th)
LAK: 53.1% (6th)
WPG: 50.4% (14th)
Goals Per Game
LAK: 2.79 (20th)
WPG: 3.23 (10th)
Goals Against Per Game
LAK: 2.43 (3rd)
WPG: 2.69 (12th)
LAK: Anze Kopitar – 8 goals, 8 assists, 16 points
WPG: Kyle Connor – 10 goals, 8 assists, 18 points
Here’s to the winning streak continuing!