The LA Kings will look to complete the season sweep against the Montreal Canadiens after topping them 5-2 in Los Angeles.
Fresh off their dominant 5-1 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs, the LA Kings will turn around and face the Canadiens in Montreal on Tuesday.
- Jonathan Quick played outstanding on Monday night, but look for Cal Petersen to get the start against the Habs.
- Andreas Athanasiou has been a spark plug for the second line since returning to the lineup. Here’s what he said on playing with Alex Iafallo and Phillip Danault: “They’re both great players. Any time you step in with guys like that, they’re very smart out there. You just go out, try and play your game, try not to do too much and build chemistry as quickly as you can.”
- Speaking of Iafallo, he now has 12 points in the 12 games played this season. His $4M AAV is looking more and more like a bargain.
- After being hit in the face by a shot from teammate Brett Kulak, Jonathan Drouin has not played in the last two games. He returned to practice this morning, though.
Retour à l'entraînement pour Jonathan Drouin.
— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) November 9, 2021
- Habs forward Christian Dvorak also didn’t practice on Monday – a scheduled therapy day. Let’s see if he’s back in the lineup against the Kings.
- The Kings will look to extend their winning streak to six games after starting the year 1-5-1. Amazing.
- Highlights from October’s game
Puck Drop and Broadcast Info
- Tuesday, November 9 at 4:00 p.m. P.T.
- TV: Bally Sports West, RDS, TSN2, ESPN+
Tale of the Tape
LAK: 19.1% (19th)
MTL: 13.6% (26th)
LAK: 69.7% (28th)
MTL: 66.0% (29th)
LAK: 53.1% (6th)
MTL: 45.6% (31st)
Goals Per Game
LAK: 2.83 (18th)
MTL: 2.00 (31st)
Goals Against Per Game
LAK: 2.67 (9th)
MTL: 3.46 (28th)