The LA Kings look to continue their success in matinee games as they welcome the shockingly successful Buffalo Sabres.
After a dominant performance on Saturday, the LA Kings (2-5-1) hope to continue their winning ways as the Buffalo Sabres (5-1-1) come to town. No one quite knows how the Sabres have done it, but they’re near the top of the league standings and are providing a formidable challenge for opponents.
- Cal Petersen turned in a strong performance against the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday, stopping 22 of 24 shots to pick up his second win of the season. Expect Jonathan Quick in net today for the LA Kings as he looks to be rewarded with his first win of the season after several strong but ultimately fruitless performances.
- Carl Grundstrom, Gabe Vilardi, and Austin Strand all sat out on Saturday. Without a morning skate, it remains to be seen which of the players will draw back in. The strong performances by the LA Kings roster on Saturday make it hard to imagine McLellan doing much tweaking, if any.
- With the younger players on the LA Kings stepping up and finding the back of the net on Saturday, look for players like Rasmus Kupari, Arthur Kaliyev, and Kale Clague to be given increased opportunities today.
- Three of the Sabres seven games have gone to overtime, with Buffalo winning two of them. Their last game against Anaheim featured the Sabres nearly giving up a three-goal lead before winning it with 44 seconds left in overtime.
- The Buffalo Sabres are changing up some of their line combinations for tomorrow’s game, trying out some new looks on the road. Dustin Tokarski is also confirmed to be in net.
Lineup notes, tomorrow's starting goalie, a surprise visitor and more from today's practice!
Duffer has the scoop. pic.twitter.com/GhrIKEmntd
— Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres) October 30, 2021
Puck Drop and Broadcast Info
- Sunday, November 1 at 1:00 p.m. P.T.
- TV: Bally Sports West, SN, ESPN+
Tale of the Tape
LA Kings: 25.0% (9th)
BUF: 30.0% (3rd)
LAK: 66.7% (29th)
BUF: 88.2% (5th)
LAK: 50.6% (12th)
BUF: 46.2% (28th)
Goals Per Game
LAK: 2.63 (22nd)
BUF: 3.14 (12th)
Goals Against Per Game
LAK: 3.13 (20th)
BUF: 2.00 (4th)