The LA Kings welcome back Tyler Toffoli and the Montreal Canadiens while Phillip Danault plays his old team.
A couple of teams struggling out of the gate, the LA Kings (1-5-1) host the Montreal Canadiens (2-6-0) in a Saturday matinee. The contest marks Tyler Toffoli‘s return to STAPLES Center and also Phillip Danault‘s first game against his old team.
- After Jonathan Quick made back-to-back starts, look for Cal Petersen to draw back in between the pipes on Saturday.
- In Friday’s practice, the Kings featured Carl Grundstrom, Vladimir Tkachev, and Gabe Vilardi in purple jerseys, meaning they likely will be healthy scratches.
- Also in practice – Todd McLellan switched up the powerplay units. Look for Kale Clague to get some work on the PP1 unit. He spoke with the media about his latest call-up on Wednesday.
- McLellan was blunt about his team following Thursday’s 3-2 loss, indicating the Kings are finding ways to lose games right now.
- Look for Lias Andersson to potentially return to the lineup on Saturday. But the Kings have to send someone back down to Ontario to make room. Waivers exempt: Kaliyev, Kupari, Tkachev, Vilardi. Waivers required: Grundstrom. Interested to see how that one plays out.
- Danault spoke to the media on Friday, indicating he and his wife wanted to have another child after he signed his second contract. The video below is pretty funny.
Puck Drop and Broadcast Info
- Saturday, October 30 at 1:00 p.m. P.T.
- TV: Bally Sports West, TSN 2, RDS, ESPN+
Tale of the Tape
LA Kings: 17.4% (18th)
MTL: 10.3% (31st)
LAK: 61.9% (31st)
MTL: 69.0% (28th)
LAK: 48.7% (22nd)
MTL: 46.3% (29th)
Goals Per Game
LAK: 2.29 (26th)
MTL: 1.88 (30th)
Goals Against Per Game
LAK: 3.29 (26th)
MTL: 3.13 (21st)