LA Kings vs. Winnipeg Jets: Preview, One-Timers, Broadcast Info
Meeting for the first time in a year and a half, the LA Kings will try to end the Winnipeg Jets’ three-game winning streak.
The LA Kings are back at it on Thursday night. The beginning of a five-game homestand, Los Angeles will look to right the ship after starting the year with a 1-4-1 record. They will welcome in a high-powered Winnipeg Jets offense but lacking on special teams. The Kings and Jets haven’t played since February 18, 2020, with Winnipeg taking that one by a 6-3 score.
- With Sean Walker and Drew Doughty out for the season and approximately eight weeks, respectively, expect defenseman Kale Clague to have more of a role on the power play.
- Clague touched on the role on Wednesday, “I want to make sure I make the most of it and use my assets – my skating, my vision, and the rest will take care of itself.”
- Speaking of the power play, let’s see if the Kings can get back on track. Winnipeg has the third-worst penalty kill in the league to only the Kings and Arizona.
- Jets’ forward Kyle Connor comes into this matchup red hot. Over his last five games, the 24-year-old has accumulated five goals and four assists.
- Other players to watch on Winnipeg? Andrew Copp (4G,4A) and Pierre Luc-Dubois (4G,3A).
- The Kings have been alternating goaltenders thus far, so probably not a bad guess that Cal Petersen gets the nod on Thursday.
- On the flip side, Connor Hellebuyck has made all six starts, but he’s been shaky to start the year – .891 SV% and 3.67 GAA.
Puck Drop and Broadcast Info
- Thursday, October 28 at 7:30 p.m. P.T.
- TV: Bally Sports West, TSN 3, ESPN+
Tale of the Tape
LA Kings: 19.1% (19th)
WPG: 25.0% (13th)
LA Kings: 58.8 (31st)
WPG: 60.0 (30th)
LA Kings: 46.9% (26th)
WPG: 49.9% (16th)
Goals Per Game
LA Kings: 2.33 (25th)
WPG: 4.00 (8th)
Goals Against Per Game
LA Kings: 3.33 (24th)
WPG: 3.67 (28th)
LA Kings: Anze Kopitar – 6 goals, 3 assists, 9 points
WPG: Kyle Connor – 6 goals, 4 assists, 10 points
LA Kings: Rob Blake provides injury updates on Doughty, Walker