The LA Kings will try to salvage a win in the final game of their four-game road trip, facing these same St. Louis Blues.
- I wouldn’t say Monday’s game is a must-win, but the LA Kings 1-3-1 record marks their worst start since 2007-08 (h/t Alex Faust)
- Drew Doughty‘s absence was apparent on Saturday. I’d be curious if Austin Strand gets a start in Game 2 over Olli Maatta, who did not play well in Game 1.
- After serving his two-game suspension, Blues’ forward Pavel Buchnevich returns to the lineup on Monday.
- Todd McLellan made it quite clear what needs to improve on the penalty kill: “Faceoffs, retrievals, battles, blocked shots, clears, seams, goaltending.”
- Speaking of Todd, let’s see if he puts the lineups into the blender. Also, I’d like to see Vladimir Tkachev back into the mix after serving as an extra on Saturday.
- With Doughty out, Matt Roy was given PP1 minutes. I would swap Roy out with Sean Walker.
Puck Drop and Broadcast Info
- Monday, October 25 at 5:00 p.m. P.T.
- TV: Bally Sports West, Bally Sports Midwest, ESPN+
Tale of the Tape
LA Kings: 22.2% (15th)
Blues: 42.9% (2nd)
LAK: 53.3% (31st)
Blues: 92.3% (1st)
LAK: 47.9% (23rd)
Blues: 52.1% (8th)
Goals Per Game
LAK: 2.80 (19th)
Blues: 5.50 (1st)
Goals Against Per Game
LAK: 3.40 (24th)
Blues: 2.75 (13th)